Data Subject Access Request Gives Individuals Control of Personal Data
Under GDPR citizens have rights, executed through data subject access requests (DSARs) that they can exercise with any company (the controller) that holds their personal and sensitive information. The citizen can contact the Data Protection Officer, or utilize the company’s website or customer support to initiate their DSAR. The company then has 30 days to respond to the request.
What are some of the DSARs that may be requested?
- Request information on your data is used and processed.
- Request that any information the company holds is deleted.
- Request that your information is corrected.
- Request that your information use is restricted.
- Request that your information transferred to another service provider.