These are extraordinary times as we deal with COVID-19. Teams across the globe, including oneDPO, have shifted to work-from-home as a precautionary measure. Working remotely has huge data privacy and security implications. We must take data protection even more seriously as we might work from home for a prolonged period. Here is a basic checklist that will help you protect your data as you work from home.
- Avoid personal email for work
- Watch out for Phishing attacks that take advantage of COVID-19
- Don't share work files using personal cloud storage accounts on GDrive, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.
- If you use personal devices, limit work-files to one folder. Delete it once you transfer the files
- Enable two-factor authentication
- Install approved anti-malware and install the latest updates
- Clear the 'download' folder daily. Unknowingly/knowingly you might have downloaded sensitive files
- Encrypt/ password-protect external USB storage. Leaks happen as employees misplace devices
- Use company VPN if available
- Check with your IT before start using collaboration apps/ services
Must Read: The Complete Guide to AI Data Protection
[hubspot portal="8288827" id="a24bce2c-fcc7-49dc-a157-8bb05798aecb" type="form"]